[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]*Happy New Year!! It’s that time of the year where everyone is running to improve themselves physically at the gym and work towards a goal leading to overall wellness. Have you sat down to create your goals into the New Year?
Here are a few tips from the Spine & Wellness Centers:
1. Get your NERVOUS SYSTEM firing optimally with regular chiropractic care.
2. Start Small. Get Support. & Focus on one resolution at a time.
Only make resolutions you can keep! Get support, it’s a lot easier when you have someone else doing it with you or someone to hold you accountable. Focus on one resolution at a time, remember, they are for a whole year so you have 365 days to slowly integrate them into your life. Remember it takes 21 days for something to become a habit.
3. Incorporate a nutritional supplement– One example is omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids are essential nutrients and enter every cell membrane in the human body, serving to improve flexibility and communication between cells, and aiding cell metabolism and gene expression. Research has shown omega-3’s can improve your chances of living longer by supporting the nervous system.
4. WATER is the substance of life! Follow the 8×8 RULE. Drink 8 glasses of 8 ounces of water throughout the day. This is the equivalent to 2 liters or a half gallon. Remember that more than 75% of our body is made up of water.
5. Exercise your brain. With ‘Neurobic’ exercises–some examples are reading a book, doing mental math, take a cooking class, learn a foreign language, do word puzzles, even brushing your teeth with your non-dominant hand and more..
6. Walk 20-30 minutes daily. Clear your head and get Vitamin D in your system at the same time!
7. Incorporate more vegetables in your diet– Start a FOOD JOUNAL to keep yourself accountable for your diet. Research shows when its put in writing the awareness of your habits are easier to modify.
8. Spend more time with those you love.
9. Un-Clutter your life. Remember things are just that, ‘things.’ Find what you need and donate the rest to those in need.
10. WORK on your POSTURE DAILY! Here are a few posture exercises to incorporate into your morning routine. www.straightenupamerica.org
* I hope that at least one of these simple healthy choices are already part of your daily life. Adding one or these can help to easily start 2017 with a happier and healthier you. 2017 is going to be the best, because you will be your best.
Your health is your wealth!